I also did something for shot 5:
After the bird hits the water surface i want that the shot runs in slowmotion, so i can add very much water details and have time to show how amazing the nature can be. So i think i have to slow this part more down and let the bird dont reach the fish exactly. This is also good cause, then we can use in the following scene more the surpricing moment after the bird turns his head to let the children the fish see.
What do you guys think?! over the shottiming?
Tomorrow I have to work at the shakespear festival so I cant react in the morning.
It looks pretty cool! I like the transition between the flying part and the underwater part. It really feels like an impact, even without detailed effects :D
ReplyDeleteThis is some underwater footage I found of a kingfisher http://www.thoughtequity.com/video/clip/991006_059.do It looks like when the kingfisher dives in and it's about to catch the fish, it's already turning it's body to go up again. So at the part where he's about to catch the fish, it's downward speed is almost nothing.
Slowing down more is a good idea I think :) It adds more drama too
oke great, also great footage. My idea to fade out the movie before he catches actually the fish, cause then we have in the next shot this surprising moment where the bird turs his head. So we keep the viewer a bit in tension. :D
ReplyDeleteIll try to slow it down a little bit :)
Slowed down!
ReplyDeleteYeah the slow mo sounds great, the bird in slow mo trough the water. I also saw a vid that maybe you can use too, it's in slightly in slow mo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YRM0sy3xIY
ReplyDeleteEspecially in the vid it shows some shots when the bird hits the water in different angles.
ReplyDeleteAlso this is a pied kingfisher and ours is an euroasian kingfisher, I don't know if it really matters...
ReplyDeleteit doesnt matter, important is that it looks good. We also dont shape the bird correctly in the later versions. Thats the artist freedom we use :)
ReplyDeleteBut references like this vid are always good!