Friday, August 20, 2010

.... I'm really at a complete loss with this. I tried changing the bird's expression for spotting the fish (narrowing the eyes, widening the eyes...) but I can't get it to work. Maybe I could try turning the birds head.

I ended up adding a short flash of the fish swimming (perhaps just a splashing sound works too) and just doing a short zoom on the eye to indicate that the bird has spotted the fish. The shot ended up being a bit longer than in the moving storyboard because I felt that we needed some more time to look at the bird with the fish breaking the shot in half. This would of course be solved by removing the fish...

Any ideas? What do you guys think of the fish?


3 comments:

  1. cool fly movement i like the frequenz he goes up and down. I have one tipp for the later detailed animation. If you look at the animations i upload as a reference, you'll see that the birds body and head have different frequences. Maybe you have to work with 2 different volumes for head and body and create so a beter natural fly movement.

    And dont worry about the timing, if you think we need more time to express what should be expressed than take it :) later if we have the right Timing in every shot. Marian can fit music and sound to that, so there would be no problem.

    I think this shot can be much easier if we see it in the film context. The "fishflash" is a good idea but we dont need that cause in shot 1 we mention the fish as a reason to fly away and in shot after this we see the bird diving through the water were the fish swims. Also i think if we dont show the fish it is more interesting for the viewer cause he hes asking in this moment 'what sees the bird?' So in my opinion we dont have to see the fish swimming.
    Maybe we can add a kind of sound what is a good idea.

    I hope i wasnt too strict with my critic. I really appreciate your work and that you are such a serious worker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... something i forgot. I think the bird looks a bit scary. I think the reason is his eye. You dont have to take my bird in the shot. i would really appreciate it if you can change it that he looks more 'lief' :)

    And then just try the keyframe when he has a reaction in his eye. It dont has to be opened. Sometimes it is good if it shrinks a little bit. Or a kind of reflection blinking that indicates there is happening something.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you draw it per frame, it brings more movement, like the line-art is moving on itself, like its the birds feathers that move from the wind.

    ReplyDelete