I had some difficulties with the rough animation cause i had 2 different solutions for this shot in mind.
First idea was to add a moment of confusing to the bird. he hears one time a hit of a hammer goes in attentionpostion and after a short while he gets hit by the pale. Pros about this solution the solution is that the movements of the bird are getting more comprehensible and the connection between the first position and the end position( jesus position :D ) is plausible. The very very big contra point is, that we have to change the movstoryboard a bit AAAND I think we loosing a bit of this surprising effect. There is still a suprise but its signalized by the first hammer hit:
The second solution is the direct hit solution without any kind of prepairing moment. Pro we keep the moving storyboard timing and the surpising moment in its full strengh.
Contra: The movements are difficult to understand. (Why does the bird get in this end position ? )
I have here two different versions. In the first i tryed to get the bird directly in the JesusPose in the second i try to solve the problem with a between pose. First he gets hit by the pale and after that life is leaving his body and he becomes rigid( fish fells out his beak)
Second solution here:
Now I need your advise :) please help! What should we do?
The shot needs suspense, people already know whats going on so we want to make it that it still shocks people even when they expect it.
ReplyDeletehmm...
Maybe you can pro long the shot till the climax of this shot, poeple will anticipate when something will happen but they cant predict it thus the sudden shock.
ehhh.. Im just thinking out loud so I hope this will help... in some way XD
I think if you want to show confusion on a bird, it's like a dumb innocent confusion that a bird shows,most animals don't display emotions on their face so it looks like their doing something cute instead of what their really feeling.
Haha let's try this thinking out loud thing XD Isn't it possible to get the best of both worlds? The biggest shock to the viewer comes from the drastic change in the music I think. So if the bird visibly reacts to the sound of the hammers, but we can't hear that sound yet, we still keep the surprise of the sound transition, but also get the plausible movement.
ReplyDeleteOr perhaps try to get more shock out of the hitting of the bird to compensate. Like a flash of a red screen or something while it happens
I have to say though, if it comes to choosing between the two, I like the second option best. Nothing like a good shock effect.